K.I.D.S>Best Day Ever

Not exactly the masterpiece I was expecting, but pleasing nevertheless.
After waiting an eternity for Mac Miller to release his much hyped "Best Day Ever" mix tape... I'm left a little puzzled. It was nice, I can't really pick out much I don't like about it, but I don't hear anything that makes me think, "wow, this is groundbreaking."  Frankly, nothing about it is new.  Miller hyped up the mix tape through tweets and interviews promising it was going to be a breakthrough in music; turns out it wasn't even his best work to date.  His previous K.I.D.S (Kicking Incredibly Dope Shit) album was much more epic.  I can honestly play the entire album through without wanting to skip a song.  One of the only gems on his new release would be the song "I'll Be There".  After hearing the mellow beat and passionate lyrics (about his mother), I had to take the time to post the video on my momma's Facebook wall.

No comments: